Modification – Divorce Lawyer NY

Experienced Divorce Attorney in Modification Orders in NY

The team at Divorce Lawyer NY is prepared to help you with all of your modification needs in Queens and Staten Island. Our team has the experience needed to recognize, enforce, and modify any orders of judgement that have been issued. We understand that your needs change and it is important that your initial judgements change with those needs. We will help you with modification of all child support, child custody, and spousal support orders.

When a former spouse does not meet his or her obligations, they should be held liable for them. Our team will see to it that enforcement of the judgement is handed down. If you would like to discuss modification of any order, contact our divorce attorney in NY today for a consultation 718-769-6352.

Modification of Judgements for Child Support, Child Custody, and Spousal Support

Any person involved in a judgement for child support, child custody, or spousal support can submit a petition to have that judgement or order modified. Most of the time, these petitions are filed when one party or the other has experienced some type of change in their circumstances from gaining new employment to a large financial loss.

When a modification is submitted to the courts, it MUST keep the child’s best interests in mind. This means that the changed circumstances cannot greatly affect the child or put the child in a position where it would cause more harm than good.

Some of the most commonly claimed circumstances that require a modification include:

  • A deteriorating mental or physical condition of the party
  • A conviction of a crime committed by a party
  • A former spouse getting remarried
  • A party decides to move out of state
  • A former spouse receives a promotion, takes on a new job, or receives a financial raise
  • A child’s needs change
  • One of the parties interferes with a current order or the child’s relationship with the parent

It is important that you do NOT take matters into your own hands, as this can lead to a violation of the order for yourself. If you are having trouble with an order or you think it needs to be modified, contact our Queens, NY divorce lawyer today.

We’ll Make Sure Your Judgement Orders Are Enforced

One of the hardest parts of a divorce and life after the divorce is making sure the orders and judgements are followed. Sometimes, parents do not follow the orders or one spouse may choose to “do his or her own thing.” These violations are serious and you need to receive help to enforce the order.

There are consequences to NOT following any order from a divorce and our attorney will ensure that the order is enforced and the spouse in violation will be punished.

Call Our Office Today to Discuss Your Modification Needs

Staten Island office: (7185215247
Brooklyn office : (718521-5246

If you would like to discuss a modification in your judgment order in Staten Island, call our office today for your consultation 718-769-6352. Our divorce lawyer is prepared to help you and handle both modifications and enforcement of the order.